What?! You don’t know what a Liebster is??!!! OMG! It is only one of the not-so-prestigious-but-awe-mazing-awards a newbie blogger like moi can receive. Duh!
I wanna take this opportunity to firstly thank WordPress, without you, I wouldn’t be able to shame myself on an international platform. Thank you so so much for this opportunity! To God, my family and friends…thank you for all the not-really-enthusiastic encouragements. I love you guys. Oh my God, I will not cry…Lastly, thank you Alyssa for the nomination and recognition that I have less than 200 readers, I never really knew how many readers I had until you nominated me. Thank you!
“Liebster means Dearest in German, so the Liebster Blog Award is the Dearest Blog Award. It’s an award intended to recognize worthy lesser known blogs and to help expose their work. Of course, accepting The Liebster Blog Award comes with a few rules!”
Liebster Blog Award Rules
1. Thank the giver and link back to their blog.
2. Share five things about yourself.
- I love the smell of petrichor! It’s that really amazing smell that happens during the first rain after a dry spell. Hmmm…
- I started my mandarin lessons yesterday and I’m really excited about learning more. Nǐ Haǒ!
- I’ve been reading words since before I could read. I’d read books, the list of ingredients on food packaging, instruction manuals, magazines…I just love to read.
- I learned to put on make-up by watching youtube guru’s. My first and favourite guru is Bubzbeauty but I also watch Michelle Phan since her physical features are nearer to mine.
- I now know the plot of Les Miserablés. Finally! The book was required reading back in high school but I never went past the part where the priest defended Jean Val Jean from the police for stealing silverware. I still cannot believe I passed that test!
3. Answer the five questions presented with your nomination.
1. How did you get started with your blog?
I started on December 12, 2012 – 12 12 12. I never truly appreciated how special it is to have experienced 11 analogous dated days until the last one so I decided to commemorate the day by blogging un-anonimously.
2. What is the most challenging part of having a blog?
Hmmm…I guess churning out content worth reading. Oh! The most challenging for me is sharing some of me to the web. I am honestly a very, very private person. I just decided to write a blog un-anonimously because I wanted to change that about me. But I am also very sensitive to negativity so…
3. Ten years from now, what do you see your life looking like?
I would probably be on my back to the Philippines after living almost 7 years in New York City. I would really miss New York and all the opportunities and lessons she taught me but I know that I have to go back home because I have responsibilities. I will still continue writing and doing photography though.
4. If money were no issue, what is the one thing you would like to do most?
I would love to travel the world. Just go anywhere and everywhere! I would just take lots of pictures, write about everything, learn a lot and best of all meet everyone!
5. What is one of your favourite quotes?
The one from the movie Coach Carter, although I think it was paraphrased from Marianne Williamson. When I first heard this, something clicked in my brain. It is so true. I think most people feel this way and well, we shouldn’t. The quote inspired me to slowly change my way of thinking. I just keep going back to this quote! ^_^
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we our powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously let other people to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
4. Ask five new questions to your nominated bloggers.
- What is the oldest thing in your possession?
- What are you thankful for these days?
- Why do you write?
- When do you think the zombies will come?
- Do you believe in magic?
5. Reveal your top five picks (with less than 200 readers) and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
I haven’t ventured that far away from my part of the web so I only have three nominees. I’m not sure if they have less than 200 readers but they probably have more. Envelope please. Ehem. And the nominees for this day’s Liebster are…
- Lorna of BeanSprowtCrocodile because she owns a rooster named Moriarty.
- Tas.o.s of WALKAIRS because he wants to see my amateur jump shots.
- Aldrin of I SHOOT RAW because he takes awe-mazing photos.
6. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
7. Hope that people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite up-and-coming bloggers and keep it going!
Again thank you to Alyssa! Go check out her bucket list of 30 things to do before she turns 30. You guys should share about other blogs you think is worth visiting and I’ll be sure to check them out.
Feeling like a winner ^_^,